Praha Day 2

Prague Travel Blog

Woke up early the next day to say goodbye to Colin; he heads back to Portland, Oregon today. Had a little bit of a sleep in, then Melinda went out to do some shopping. By the time she got back her hands were loaded with bags of goodies that she got for her family. Angelica and I both were blown away by how much she got…lol….I then was wondering how she was going to manage dragging around all the extra things. That right there is one reason why I rarely buy anything on my trips; I don’t want to drag it around for a month or even a few weeks. I will only buy things that either means a lot to me or something that I can not buy in the states that I need to have. Most of the times I just buy a country or city patch to add to my pack. Melinda was able to stuff all her items into another small duffel bag she brought along, so as long as she can mange it she will do fine. I will still be nice and help her up and down the stairs and on and off the trains with her ever increasing in weight large bag. I think she learned on this sort of trip the best bag is a backpack or a wheeled bag that can be turned into a backpack when need be. There is always a learning curve on these sorts of adventures, so hopefully next go round for her she is that much more prepared.

That afternoon the three of us headed up to the Praha Castle to take in the sights up there. We walked through the church and this time the front of it was not under construction/renovation so I was able to see what it looks like, although this time some of the sides were being worked on. The tower was also closed so we could not go up for a good view of the city. I took them around the grounds and showed them some good views of the city from the gardens. We stopped at a café place for some drinks and a quick bite to eat before proceeding. The movie Van Helsing had a lot of scenes filmed here in the city. One part is when he is suppose to be walking down some steps in Paris and in the far background you can see the Eiffel Tower being built. In ’05 I was walking down some stairs that are attached to the castle wall and noticed the view looked very much like the one in the movie. So we went back to take a look at the view and now we need to go back and watch the movie and see if this is it. The rest of the day was spent walking around Praha looking at the sights and taking pictures. It started raining right when we headed out for dinner, I think it was a sign for the meal we were about to eat. Mine was alright since I ordered pizza and it really takes a lot to screw up a pizza. The girls meals were not good at all and Angelica would be tasting her meal once more later that night; or as she put it ‘That was a waste of money!’

Well we are calling it a night here in Praha, tomorrow we are off to Dresden Germany. It is going to be so good to be back in Deutschland!

Dobrou noc (goodnight) from Praha

Woke up early the next day to say goodbye to Colin; he heads back to Portland, Oregon today. Had a little bit of a sleep in, then Melinda went out to do some shopping. By the time she got back her hands were loaded with bags of goodies that she got for her family. Angelica and I both were blown away by how much she got…lol….I then was wondering how she was going to manage dragging around all the extra things. That right there is one reason why I rarely buy anything on my trips; I don’t want to drag it around for a month or even a few weeks. I will only buy things that either means a lot to me or something that I can not buy in the states that I need to have. Most of the time I just buy a country or city patch to add to my pack. Melinda was able to stuff all her items into another small duffel bag she brought along, so as long as she can mange it she will do fine. I will still be nice and help her up and down the stairs and on and off the trains with her ever increasing in weight large bag. I think she learned on this sort of trip the best bag is a backpack or a wheeled bag that can be turned into a backpack when need be. There is always a learning curve on these sorts of adventures, so hopefully next go round for her she is that much more prepared.

Dobrou noc (goodnight) from Praha