Final Thoughts

Salt Lake City Travel Blog

Salt Lake City, Utah USA: 5/1/09

Woke up in Paris jumped in a taxi out on the Champs-Elysees that took us to Charles de Gaulle airport. Got checked in and then went through the security. Some of the people working security are wearing masks. Melinda and I joke around saying it would have been funny to have got some face masks and to have drawn pig snouts on them. After finally getting through security we grab a bite to eat and I use up the rest of my Euros buying some good Swiss chocolate; a tradition of mine at the end of every Euro Trip.

The flight was great with the nice leg room of the emergency row seats! I watched a few movies and tried to get a little rest. 11 hours later we were touching down in Salt Lake City Utah. It was so strange walking out into the SLC airport and to think I was just over in Paris. Knowing how nice that flight is, I will for sure try to take this one each time I go to Europe if it works out.

Always nice to be home, but never ready to be home after such a trip. I really needed one more month over there. I think the next Euro Trip I do has to be a 2 month trip minimal.

Few things I learned on this trip. Never take a rookie backpacker on such a trip, spend more time with my bro, Ukraine is a fascinating place; but can be very difficult with the language and written word barrier. Paris is a wonderful city and I look forward to visiting again!