Berlin Day 2

Berlin Travel Blog

The next day we went on a walking tour of Berlin. Our tour guide was a cool British chap who seemed to know a good deal about Berlin and its history. He covered most of the important events which has shaped not only present day Berlin, Germany, but also the world. The tour lasted for a few hours and it is fairly warm today so both of us are feeling the effects of being out in the sun all day long. We also made sure to get our reservation for the train ride to Paris from Berlin. At first it looked like we were not going to be able to make it on the trains we needed, but after a few stressful minutes the lady working at the DB ticket office figured it all out and took care of us. We ended up at the same location the film scene we watched being filmed the other day. The actor in the scene had a shaved head so Melinda and I both thought it would be funny if I reenacted the same scene. Eventually we ended up back at the hostel and after a short rest at the hostel we headed down to check out the Reichstag in the evening. This time I made sure to keep anything that could potentially get me arrested back in the hostel; not going to make the same mistake this time by leaving my baton in my pack. We stood in the queue outside waiting to go through security; seems like just last year I was doing this. After clearing security we headed to the roof and walked around taking in the view of Berlin in the early dusk hours. We made our way to the top of the dome winding our way up the large spiral walkway. The view from the top is great! Melinda was not a big fan of the walk up the walkway; my buddy Colin was not a fan of this walk in ’05 either. If you don’t like heights it can be a little nerve racking walking up and down the walkway in the glass dome. After visiting the Reichstag we walked around Berlin and made or way back to the hostel to cal it a night.

photo by: CFD