love it!

Bantayan Island Travel Blog

d'jungle - eat all you can :)

mar 20 :

after months of preparations, at last, the day has arrived…

me and and the chatters (as how we call ourselves due to limited means of communication, aside of course for celfons.. J), my friends really since school days..  we decided to meet at the airport at 5:30 in the morning, our flight is at 7:50 am. As usual, with the airline that we chose, I think it’s not surprising at all that our flight was delayed... we departed Manila Domestic Airport at past 8 already.

We arrived at Cebu International Airport at around 9:30, my friend, kat’s aunt, tita-ninang, met at the airport for our transportation needs... J

For breakfast, we just went to a drive thru at the nearest Jollibee we saw, and then headed straight to Hagnaya Port.

roro going to bantayan
It was a 3 hours drive to the port, we had time to sleep. We arrived at the port at 1:30 in the afternoon. We bought our ticket and paid our terminal fee then waited, ETD is at 2 pm. We boarded MV Island Shipping. The ride was less than 2 hours.

At almost 4 pm, we arrived at Sta. Fe, one of the towns of Bantayan Island. Our van is already waiting for us to bring us to the resort, we had a reservation, at Sta. Fe Beach Club, Ogtong Cave.

Sta. Fe Beach Club, Ogtong Cave :

Wow!

The place is so nice, we had our welcome drink and looked around the place... there’s the famous cave that everyone that goes to Banatayan talks about, a big 9 ft. pool, also a very well developed, kept, landscaped garden. It’s really heaven on earth.

Well, after changing into our swimsuits, we headed 1st to the cave, coz its only open until 6 pm, we got in at 5 pm already, the water is a mixed of sea and ordinary water.  It’s just small and it has a dead end, really rocky so when we got out, we had small scratches on our legs, but it’s okay, it was really part of it anyway.

boat going to virgin island
..  After that we swim first in the pool, and we only had 15 minutes more until they close it. FYI, the cave and pool is only open at 7 am to 6 pm.

At around 7 pm, we started getting ready to catch dinner at 8 pm. dinner’s at D’Jungle at the town of Sta. Fe. It’s a buffet, eat all you can only at 250/head. OMG, the food is really great, a lot of varieties, there’s actually more than 60 to choose from, although I’m allergic to seafood, I think I can say that it looks and taste yummy, cause my friends really go back and forth the buffet table... J

We went back to the resort, it’s really a long day, because of the plane, car and roro ride, and we just wanted to rest because we have to leave early the next day for our island tour. Though, we slept at past 1 am that night. hehehe.. J

mar.

group pic sa boat going to virgin island
22 : Virgin Island

The next day, we went to Virgin Island. It’s an estimated 1 hour getting there from Bantayan island. When we got there, it’s not really what we were expecting... the place was more than what we imagined! You can only go to the island during the day. It was like paradise, with it’s powdery sand, all white! they will provide you with snorkeling paraphernalia, cottages and tables only a few and when you go there you should be the one to bring you’re food, doesn’t need to be cooked cause they will be the one to cook it for you.. Only thing is that the island I think has scarcity in water that’s why they had plenty of large jars, said to be containing rain water. hmm.. interesting.. J

Just check the pictures I’ve post and you can judge for yourself… J

We stayed there to swim, eat, snorkel, take pictures and swim some more until around 2 in the afternoon.

after dinner

Back at the resort we continued to swim, 1st at the cave, next at the pool, after, we would have swim at the beach but it’s already late and we have to get ready for dinner, dinner’s at 7. At the resort’s restaurant, nice food, large servings, kind of pricy though... after dinner we just had a stroll, check the bar, stayed at the shore,,, how peaceful it is, the stars all twinkling,, it was just paradise, I hope we could stay there longer..

mar 23: Cebu City

The next day we left the resort to go back to Cebu City, we left at 7 am, board the roro, sailed at 8 am, arrived Hagnaya port before 10 am, rode a van back to Cebu City, arrived at our place, YMCA, at 12 noon. We just took shower then got ready for a day tour of the city.

We 1st went to lunch at Larsian, famous barbeque stalls in Cebu near Fuente Osmena circle. After lunch we visited the Taoist Temple situated inside Beverly Hills, a subdivision in Cebu City. Then we visited Magellan’s Cross then we heard Mass at the Basilica of Sto.

bike ride back to resort
Nino at 5:30 pm. After mass we headed to Crown regency to try the EDGE COASTER AND SKYWALK, it’s a first in ASIA!!!

I’ll discuss that in the next blog…  J

After that experience, we tried Cebu’s nightlife! and surely it didn’t failed  us, we first had videoke at Mango square and after midnight we went to this club, PUMP, and partied until 5 in the morning, we just went home because we have a flight to catch and we need some rest before going back to manila..

pyong says:
Thanks for sharing this, really helps a lot in my preparations of exploring the Island
Posted on: Sep 18, 2011
d00tchy says:
only 1 day in Bantayan? such a beautiful island worth at least a couple more =)
Posted on: Jan 12, 2011
junjunph says:
Bantayan is one of the best beach destination in the Philippines! I highly recommend going here!
Posted on: Sep 24, 2009
djungle - eat all you can :)
d'jungle - eat all you can :)
boat going to virgin island
group pic sa boat going to virgin …
group pic sa boat going to virgin…
ogtong cave