My first solo destination......I'm Bored!

Sukhothai Travel Blog

So i got myself to Chiang Mais bus station and worked out which one of the 30 confusing windows i needed to be at to get my ticket! It was all written in Thai! (err obviously) I found myself on a very nice, comfy air con coach with two seats to myself for four pounds for the 5 hour journey which was good. I was going to get the cheap ordinary bus but the station was so confusing i just got on the first one i could find!

So, got myself a room in a guesthouse again for 150 Bhat. It is in a teak house which i thought would be really quaint. Turns out you get quaint when you pay more!! My room is a wooden shoebox with a bed and a fan. In the middle of the day it does a good job of being a sauna! Oh well its only for one night.

The main attraction of Sukhothai is the old city which is a world heritage site. That is tomorrows trip so I went for a wander round the new city. maybe i missed something but it seems like the most uninspiring place ever. I dont think there is anything else to do here so i have been sleeping, reading and internetting all afternoon! How exciting.

Tomorrow i am getting up super early to see the ruins before lunch, then i will check out and get my ass outta here!

Next stop Ayutthaya and then Bangkok where i will meet Jamie in less than a week! So excited!

photo by: DragonFlies