Total paradise!!!

Da Nang Travel Blog

After another night train we arrived in Hoi Ann. This night train was a little less um nice than the previous one. It was fairly dirty and a couple of people shared their rooms with cockroaches! not me though I shared with two random vietnamese guys who didn't speak a word all night and went to sleep at 8pm.

Hoi Ann is so far my favourite place. It is a world heritage site. It had alot of chinese influence and the old town has been preserved to be the same as it was 150 years ago. The buildings were stunning and it was quite peaceful. We hired bicycles to get around which was lovely. We cycled through the countryside and at one point were cycling to a loud vietnamese opera that somone was blasting out, was a bit like being in a film! It was very very hot there though, I have got a bit of colour finally! We went to the beach which was a private one and that was pure paradise. White sand, warm blue sea with waves and palm trees. It was gorgeous.

Hoi Ann is also very famous for its excessive amount of tailors who will make you any kind of clothes or shoes you want! I may have gotten carried away and had a few things made but they are in vietnamese silk!! And cost very little and are hand made to my measurements so cant complain really!!

The food in Hoi Ann is fantastic and you can eat very well for not alot! It is a bit more expensive than other places but its a world heritage thing so cant complain. I love it so much here, never want to leave.

heading for Hue though on the 18th.

Da Nang