Petronas Towers visit

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

So a real early start so we could get in the que for the visit to the Skybridge of the Petronas Towers. We arrived at 7.40am for when the tickets were issued at 8.30am. There were already about 150 people queing in front of us though! Once they started handing out tickets the line moved ok apart from the couple of men who thought they were too good to be waiting inline like everyone else! Jamie laid a pretty funny reprimand on one guy which sent him off pretty quick! He suddenly appeared infront of me from nowhere! We all had reciepts to say we had been standing in line and how many tickets we wanted and he didn't. Jamie loudly told him that he would have one and know what they were if he had been queing like everybody else and that he could get one at the back of the que!!!

We headed up at 9.45am. The high speed lifts were a bit odd - they do 5m per second which was pretty fast! We arrived at the 42nd floor in about 40seconds! The skybridge was awsome and had an amazing view over the city! We only got ten minutes up there which was a bit disappointing after all the time spent queing but it was still really good!

We spent the rest of the day looking around the shopping centre attatched to the towers. It was huge - 6 floors but full of shops from home like Mango, Topshop etc and all the prices were pretty similar so I didn't go mad in the shops!! There was also a floor of all legit designer stuff....Prada, Tiffany, Louis Vuitton etc all real stuff not the same same rubbish!!! We had a little look but clearly couldn't afford it!

We decided to splash out a little on a resturant meal as it is our anniversary today! Jay and I have been together for 7 years now! woo! We went to a place called Tagine which was a Lebanese resturant. Not something we have been to before but thought we would give it a try! Glad we did! It was fantastic! Had some awsome Houmous and Falafel then Jay had a mixed grill Lebanese style with Koftas and lamb chops and I had a Lamb Tagine with caramalised onions and raisins. It was soooo good and for two courses and drinks and including service charge and tax was 89RM which is about 15 pounds!! Score!

Jamie is heading home on Thursday night which I am not happy about!!!!! My tour in Borneo starts on saturday though and I am very happy about that! Going to climb Mount Kinabalu - the highest mountain between the Himalayas and New Guinea!! 4000m! Also going to see the orangutans so have made sure I have a new 4GB memory card for this section!!!