Aching muscles...I never want to see stairs again!

Poring Travel Blog

So today we spent the day in Poring where they have hot springs for you to rest your muscles! Thats a good idea in theory! However the springs have passed their best really. The place isn't that well maintained. You choose a bath and set the taps going to fill it up. After an hour we could soak upto our ankles so we gave up on that! It was a bit dissappointing as we had been looking forward to them for ages!
Instead after a 13 hour sleep I took a walk to the butterfly garden. It was k but hardly any butterflies compared to some of the others I've been to. I then thought I would check out the canopy walkway. However after paying the entrance fee I found that I needed to walk up 600m of gradual steps!! Nooooo! It took me ages to get up there! The walkway was a bit rickety too! It was a series of ladder strapped together with wood over the top and netting which sisn't feel overly safe!
  A highlight today was getting to see a Raffelesia flower that was in bloom nearby. That was very lucky as they take 9months to grow before they bloom and then only bloom for a week. It is the worlds biggest flower and was pretty cool looking.
  Also at Poring the park has a resident orangutan called Jackie. She is a little brain damaged after a fall from a tree but was very sweet. However some of the other tourists seemed to forget she was a wild animal and got a bit too in her personal space in my opinion, almost treating her like some sort of dog in a zoo.
  Our guesthouse was not the best at serving food! We had to order in advance as the kitchen was quite small. I dont have a problem with the way people dont always get their meals together - thats fine as long as its withing reason but I do object to not getting the components of my food at the same time! I had my lemon chicken sitting for 25 minutes before I got my rice! After repeatedly asking it arrived!

Poring