Relaxing Morning at Cahal Pech Resort and Travel Day to Chetumal

Chetumal Travel Blog

Breakfast at Cahal Pech resort.

We had breakfast at the hotel then hung around for a bit to enjoy our last few hours with our hammock! We had fun taking pics and videos to remember each other by. (not posted...they are personal!)

We were back at Robert's house by early afternoon and trying to think of a new place to go! I only had 3 more nights (so we thought). I had told Robert that I wanted to see some beach and beautiful blue water before I went home. Therefore, he called around to find out how much it would be for a boat to take us out to some of the Cayes and pass through the famous blue hole. The best price was $250 USD! I thought that was a bit much..so instead Robert suggested we go up to Chetumal, Mexico. There was a 7 color lagoon there  that would be close enough to beach.

Once again, we went back to Robert's house, got some clean clothes, repacked...and off we went again! This time it was a 6 hour bus ride to the Mexico border.

Once we cleared Customs it was already 11 pm. We had only a short ride into the main part of town. Our taxi driver suggested a hotel called "Los Cocos". It ended up being a pretty high-class hotel with really great service and nice rooms. And the best part is that with the exchange rate for pesos to USD as it is currently..the room was only about $55 a night (USD). Beats the $250 boat ride to the beach!  The last 3 pics are of our hotel room.

We were starving by this time. So we hit the empty streets to look for something to eat. We found a quaint little taco place that was still open and had tacos for our late dinner.

View from the Cahal Pech Resort