Off to Cahal Pech Resort

San Ignacio Travel Blog

The hammock in our enclosed patio.
By early Saturday afternoon we were back at Robert's house in Benque and thinking of what to do next! We decided we wanted to relax a bit and go for a swim. Since I still missed hot showers (and Robert's house, much like all locals, did not have hot water), we ended up going to Cahal Pech resort in San Ignacio for what I thought were 2 of my last few days. We quickly grabbed some clean clothes, packed again and off we went! The resort is only about a 15 minute drive from Robert's place and located on a steep hill, overlooking San Ignacio. They have about 10 private cabanas; which were the same price as a regular room! And they had one left that would be available to us for the 2 night stay.
Our cabana
It was really cool. We had our own little enclosed patio with a hammock in it. Robert became my cabana boy for our stay! LOL (just kidding) The first thing we did was get in our bathing suits and go out to the pool for a relaxing swim. Once we got out, we realized that the hotel was a bit dark. That's because the power was out. Not just in the hotel! The entire city. And when the power goes out, the water pumps stop working. Therefore we weren't able to use the bathrooms OR take showers! Robert and I hung out on the hammock for the evening, confident that the power would come back on. And it did, about 2 1/2 hours later at 9ish! Then it was off to dinnerĀ and clubbing once we showered. I had fun, but felt a bit out of place as the only tourist at the club where we went dancing. However, since I do have a little bit of rhythm, I was able to keep up with the local dance moves! I shook my booty to Punta Music (a type of music that is local to Belize). It was a fun day/night.
Cahal Pech Resort Pool