Blue Lagoon at Bacalar

Bacalar Travel Blog

I could't wait to jump in!
After some sleep we decided to go into town for a bit to find a backpack in the market place so we could take the beach towels we "borrowed" from the hotel :) From there we bargained with a taxi driver to take us to Bacalar, which was about a 45 minute drive. It cost us like $14 bucks. Not a bad deal. Although...on the way back we shared a taxi and it only costs us $2 USD each!!! hahaha Once we got to the lagoon and I saw the clear blue water I couldn't wait to get in! Even though...it was cold water! But only for a second. We decided to have lunch before getting in, so we headed to the nearest (and pretty much, only) restaurant. A big open air palapa type thing. We ran into a gay Texan selling craft jewelry and henna tottoos and Robert and I decided to get matching tattoos.
:) Radom!!! The gay Texan was hilarious and we spent like 45 minutes chatting with him! Then we had our ceviche and fried fish and a cervesa to wash it down! Off we were to the water. It was chilly but once we got in, I think we were in for like 2 hours. It was fun! We went back to the hotel, changed and out we were to dinner. Robert really wanted to go to McDonald's since they don't have them in Belize and he had never been. So, Big Macs it was! It was actually kinda cool introducing him to the mostly self-service place. LOL...he wanted to sit and wait for them to come to the table and take our order (which is what he is used to in BZ at most fast food places). He was like "we have to order at a counter? WTF?" LOL Off for a drink at a little bar after that and back to the hotel for rest.
poohstanggt says:
Sooooo pretty!!! And I crack up reading this again about Robert and the self service at McDonalds! LOL
Posted on: May 10, 2009
I couldt wait to jump in!
I could't wait to jump in!
Matching Henna Tattoos
Robert getting cozy with Ronald!
Robert getting cozy with Ronald!
Bacalar