Back to Benque for My Last Night....or was it?!

San Ignacio Travel Blog

We got up early and had breakfast and got ready for our 6 hour bus ride back to Robert's house to prep for what was going to be my last night.

Once we got to Robert's house we decided to go have a nice dinner out for my last day and got some movies...since we planned to stay up all night so I could pack and we could get ready to say our goodbyes at the airport the next day. I was to fly out on Thursday, which was also Robert's last day of vacation from work.

For some ODDDDDDDDD REASON...he decided to check his work phone and that's when the bad news came! He was to report to work by 6 am and was going to be taken to Northern Belize (Orange Walk) for a 2 week work trip!!!! Aahhhhhhhh our plans and proper goodbye at the airport went out the window because it meant he had to pack and be ready in an hour, get 2 hours of sleep and on the bus by 4 am! And...I would have been on my own to go to the airport. That sucked!!!! So...we decided I would change my flight and I would go stay with him in Orange Walk for a couple of days since he would be in a house by himself. Robert went on ahead of me and reported to work as requested. Yes, in the Belize Police Dept they don't care if you were on vacation...they say be at work...and you better be there!

San Ignacio