Wicked London

London Travel Blog

During nightshift, my colleagues and I were discussing some 'must see' cities and one of them said she had never been to London. I'm thinking...London calling. And it had been awhile since I'd been to a musical. So we ordered plane tickets, musical tickets and made hotel reservations.
I had just completed my third nightshift and our flight wasn't scheduled until 09.30 so A. and I had plenty of time to check-in and get a quick bite before heading to the gate. While waiting to preboard, we were told there would be a delay due to technical problems. OK, these things can happen. Then we were told that the part that had to be replaced had to come in from Liverpool (scheduled arrival....12:00). We eventually did get to London and our hotel. But I had to get some sleep before the musical that evening or else I wouldn't be able to stay awake, no matter how good it was.
I had heard good reviews about the musical Wicked and had read the book, so I was looking forward to seing it on stage. We totally enjoyed every minute of it. The other musical we went to see was Priscilla. What great costumes...and they did a great job with the set as well as the music.

The rest of the weekend was spent exploring some of the highlights of the city. But like any large city, it takes more than a few days to see what it has to offer. Just another excuse to go again.
1,180 km (733 miles) traveled