mini tour of paris

Paris Travel Blog

louvre

My first day in Paris! i didn't want to waste time so i got up really early and left the hostel around 8am. I got on the subway(1.6 Euro) and went to station to go to the Art Bridge which is near the Orsee Museum. I weather was beautiful... i little chilly...I was surprised at how not crwoded Paris was...I strolled by the Seine...crossed the bridge to the big garden...walked to Louvre where there was a line of people waiting to go in...since i already saw the Mona Lisa last time I was in Paris I decided to go to Orsee Museum instead. I waited in line at 9am but there was a sign posted up saying that the opening will be delayed...(god knows for how long) But I decided to wait anyway...the museum opened around 9:30 but due to construction on the 3rd floor the admission fee was reduced.

Finally I'm in! I literally walk through the empty gallery...and see Rodin, Picasso, Monet, Manet etc. IT was great! Afterwards I decide to go the Opera house and department store . drop by Fouchon(the famous backery shop) and buy some Macarons. I go to Pontpidou center only to see that it is closed due to the strike held that day. I guess a lot of places are closed today. I learned that Versailles was also closed so lucky that I will go there tomorrwo.

I call up my friend whose studying in Paris and we decide to meet in front of the Concord. We go to a little cafe near St. Michels and eat kebab for dinner.

concord