Versailles palace

Versailles Travel Blog

Versailles

The day i've been waiting for. I heard that there would be a long line at Versailles so I leave the hostel at 7.30. I ask people how to get to Versailles but it seems that rarely any Parisians go to Versailles by train. It's better to ask tourists. Anyway after one error on the train I finally get on the right one at the Invalid station. It's only 30mins away from Paris and it's pretty is to find.

When I get to Versailles there's a sign saying the opening will be delayed(What's with all these delays!) so i decided to go see the gardens first. Since it's not quite spring the trees and gardens are still bare but I could see how huge and overwhelming the garden is.

When I've finished touring the garden I go back out to the ticket box and see that there's already a huge line. So I get in line and wait for 30minutes before I realize that I am in the wrong line! There's a line for buying tickets and a separate line to go in the palace!! So I wait another 30 minutes, buy the ticket and go wait in line again! By the time I'm in  the palace it's almost 11.30am.

Versailles is soo huge! I love the Mirror Room. I'm shocked by how small the beds were. After about an hour i decide to head back to Paris and go to the Pontpidou museum again. Personally  I think the Pontpidou museum is larger than Orsee....my feet really hurt!

Later I meet my friend in front of the Stravisky fountain and go to the Jewish part of town. It's quite quaint and lots to see. After resting and warming our bodies with a cup of expresso we head off to Montemarte.  There's a lot of tourists at Montemarte...we walk down the street and by accident we end up in the grocery store where they fillmed 'Amelie`!

Afterwards we go into a pizzeria...we're the only young people there...and go to the czech cultural center where they're having an irish concert celebrating St. Patrick's day. It was great to hear czech again and listen to some really nice music. Theperformance ends around 11.30pm and luckily the subway closes at 1am. What a great way to spend my final night in Paris. I'm sure I'll come again soon.

@train station