paris in 10 years

Paris Travel Blog

room from my room

last time i was here it was in 2000. 10 years ago I came during vacation...July..August  You can imagine how crowded and hot it must have been.. tourists everywhere!! I didn't get a good impression of paris then but this time I just loved it!

I arrived 8pm and went straight to my hostel in Clichy....I had sooo much luggage I decided to take a taxi...the cab fare was only 40 Euro..which was less than I expected...but the driver didn't know his way around the city too much so we took time finding the place...

The hostel I stayed was not located in the center but on the subway line 13(Marie de clichy). The downfall was that the hostel had a staircase leading up to reception with no elevator...since i had a huge luggage i had to ask people to help me carry it...Luckily I got a room all to myself(4 beds) the beds were really old and tiny...so anyone who's a normal size would find it pretty uncomfortable...but the bathroom and showers were very clean which i think is more important than the size of your bed..Overall the staff were really friendly...the breakfast was just mediocre...they served baguette, coffee, cereal, tea, hot chocolate.

hostel 4 beds