15 juillet

Paris Travel Blog

Bonjour!
Today has been a long day. I will start with recapping last night.

14 July (hier soir)--
Last night, we went to the Eiffel Tower to watch the fireworks and they were great! There were sooooooooo many people there though! I heard that there was at least 500,000, could've been 600,000, all crowded around that one area of the Eiffel Tower-Trocadero-Champs de Mars. It was insane, you could barely move, and we had to stand together like sardines in a can during the fireworks. Afterwards, it took absolutely bonking forever to get back to the dorm. There was NO WAY we could get on the metro (we walked along the street under line 6, which is above ground, and there were just massive hoards of people at all of the ones remotely close to the tower,) so we walked all 2+ miles back. It was ridiculous. We eventually got back around 1am. Then some stupid girl decides to bang on the door at two am (which is directly below our window btw) and yell in English, right after we had gone to bed. I yelled out the window, "Use the freakin' code!" and went back to sleep.

15 July-
Then, I woke up this morning with my leg in serious pain. For those of you who don't know, I had bursitis really bad in my right hip last fall and had to do physical therapy for a month. If I do alot of strenuous activity in a short amount of time, it'll sometimes flare up. I guess walking 2 miles last night in conjunction with putting alot of pressure on my right leg all weekend (to compensate for my left foot being hurt), my right leg decided to rebel. It hurt from my hip all the way down to my knee on the right side of that leg and it hurt to move. I barely made it to the bathroom this morning, so I decided to just stay in bed instead of struggle to my morning class. I did go to my afternoon class though. There are some girls in my afternoon class who are also in the morning class, and they said I really didn't miss much so I'm glad I didn't go. My leg didn't stop hurting until about 11am so I wouldn't have really been able to concentrate on anything anyway. My teacher gives us 3 absences though, so I'm not too worried about it. This afternoon was alright. My afternoon class was alright. Mostly we listened to people give oral presentations on stuff (mine is next week). After that, I came back to the dorm and hung out a while, went to dinner, stopped by H&M and Monoprix for a bit, then came back to the dorm. Same ol', same ol', I guess.
I don't have anything in particular planned for tomorrow, but Marie and I just made a list of everything we haven't seen yet, so we are probably going to try to make a dent in that a little tomorrow.

Anyway, here-- http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2250382&l=6d7ad&id=7017887 --are the pictures of Bastille Day, and the video of the fireworks is up here on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt2VrTPEUe8 . Enjoy!
Au revoir,