The Drive Through Vicotoria.

Seymour Travel Blog

The road trip, day one.  We started at Banjo's Grandmother's house at Burwood. Drove north through the burnt out brush fires to Seymour, and met up with the Hume Highway.  We ended up stopping at Gundagai, New South Wales for the night.

We passed through the hard hit areas of the brush fires along Dixon Creek and Kings Lake.  The scene was unreal.  There were parts along the roadway and hillsides that were completely burnt down.  We stopped at a winery to do a little tasting and talked about how the community was affected.  The wine was good and we ended up stocking up on several bottles.

We continued through the striking landscape.  Banjo was driving and all of a sudden he pulled a hard right turn.  “We need to make a stop” he said.  I didn’t know what was going on until I saw a sigh for a pub.  Good man, I thought to myself.  Apparently this wasn’t just any pub.  Ettamogah Pub, a place where everyone has to have a pint before continuing on their journey.

We made it into Gundagai just in time to see a good sunset and before the local pub closed.

Ettamogh Pub.
Ettamogh Pub.
Oi, there is a submarine.
Oi, there is a submarine.
Seymour