Ready. Set...

Dili Travel Blog

Dili Lighthouse
Yep, off to the boonies of Viqueque tomorrow.  So thought I'd better get the message out in case folks were starting to wonder what had happened to me.

I'll be returning regularly to Dili as often as possible.  Uatolari is 7.5hrs drive away.  If we have to visit Dili, for whatever reason we can think up, then we stay the night and return next day.

I'm guessing the first reason will be for a job interview for the National Traffic Team Leader job I applied for.  I'm not sure how long the application process takes but yesterday was the closing date so I guess I'll hear something by the end of next week.

We all went out as a contingent tonight.
Dinner at Tuk Tuk
  Tuk Tuk Restaurant, down on the waterfront.  It was a nice enough place but I wasn't really in the mood for it.  The last couple of days has been intense lecturing and I'm suffering from information overload.  What I really want to do is get underway out to Viqueque District and find out what I'll be doing, and where I'm doing it!!

Tomorrow will be admin in the morning.  Have to fill in a few forms before I can go anywhere.  Then packing, shopping and travel.  I'll be returning with Bear in the Uatolari wagon.  He came up for the contingent day.  When I go to complete forms in the morning we may get told to take two Jordanians back with us to district.  We were inducted with cops from Jordan, Croatia, Pakistan, and India.  We also had a few new arrivals in the last couple of days; Bangladeshis, Turks, and one Ukranian.  It's been a very interesting couple of weeks already!

Although I'm heading out into the boon docks tomorrow if I get this traffic job I'll be back here to work in Dili in a month, if not... well, you'll just have to think of me out there in deepest darkest Timor without running water, internet, mobile phone coverage and know that I'll be writing my adventures as I go, all ready to upload for your information and entertainment when I next hit town.

Wish me luck and think of me when next you enjoy a nice warm shower or pancakes for breakfast.

Adeus :)

Anyway, I'll get back on here whenever I return of course.
rjgalvan77 says:
How are the boon docks?!!
Posted on: Aug 31, 2009