Last 11 days of time off -then gone!

Dili Travel Blog

Ahh, Sunday morning.  I'm here in the sunny corner of the Esplanada with laptop, coffee and music.  A little annoyed by the traffic noise from the street below but it's of no consequence when I know I have 11 days of wind-down before I have to be back in the office to close up my part of this adventure.  Four days of that and I'll be running around signing out of mission after 12 months of hard work and great fun.

The way the time off is managed by the UN means all of the kiwis are having this period off.  We're all coming into Dili to dump gear and some are heading straight out again to see the parts of the country they've not seen yet.
  The 3 lads from Gleno have just left on motorbikes to circumnavigate the country.  They'll have trouble in some areas as the coastal road has washed away but they'll find passage through somewhere for sure.

My adventures will be more leisurely than theirs.  I did the motorbike thing last month so I've booked two helicopter flights to get to the places I can't get by land; Atauro Island -in front of Esplanada hotel; and Oecussi, the Timor Leste enclave sitting alone in the Indonesian territory of West Timor.

More about those trips to come of course!
goezi says:
Nice one Richard. Thanks mate C:
Posted on: May 24, 2010
gimpel says:
i will help you to coun't down....9 day's to go..

cheers richard.