Flings with friends

Tokoroa Travel Blog

This weekend saw me catch up with a couple of groups of my friends.  I was truely delighted that they wanted to make the effort to come here to Tokoroa to see me before I left the country for 6 months.  I not only had a few from within NZ but a couple of good friends popped over from Australia to make sure I was given a good send off -Nice!!

Firstly on Friday night I had three good friends around for a few drinks.  Two of them I hadn't seen since my 40th/house warming party back in 2007.  We'd kept in touch by e-mail but it was great to have them here to share a meal a few wines and some gossip.
My mate Darryn was home off his ship and joined us, plus Toni and Karyn who had both shared classes with me in the old days.
  We drank and talked and listened to music late into the night and then called it quits.  It was a pretty good night as spending time with chums should always be!!

Jon and Marion rocked up at the end of the weekend.  They'd come to crash here for a couple of nights but they were in NZ for a couple of weeks and I was one of many friends they were hoping to catch up with.  Always fun to be around, we had a great time.  Went out to dinner on the Monday night with Jon's brother and his family.
  It was great to see them and we talked again about spending time in Byron Bay in the future.  It has to be done for sure!

Back at work this week I wasn't too "in the mood" for it I have to admit.  I'm just ready to hit the trail and the time I spend in the office tidying up for the next Instructor  seems like a bit of a chore.

The gang from the office were pretty cool.  I'm not due to leave for a couple of weeks yet but I received my 21 years medal at a presentation this week so they combined the event and the boss gave me a little something and my a fuss of my going.  I think it caught everyone a little by surprise because it's still two weeks away but they were all happy to have a drink with me and hear about my plans.

This week I only went into the office for two days.  I had heaps of files to clear up for the Inspector but I managed to get him moving on it and now I'm good to go.
Long weekend, Thursday - Wednesday next week will see me catching the last few friends I need to say adios to, both here in Tokoroa and over in Te Puke.
Two days in the office to clear out my desk and throw down some cake for the gang then I'm outta there!

Flying on the 13th.  Rotorua to Auckland and the last of the briefings before we head to the airforce base next morning.  5.30am rise (groan) I hate those!
goezi says:
Too right Richard.
Posted on: Jun 07, 2009
gimpel says:
it's always good to have friends around.Have a good time on your new place.
grt richard