Break away

Dili Travel Blog

For those nervous fliers I guess.

My first break from Timor Leste since I arrived back in June and I intend to have two whole weeks of R&R at my friend's place in Sydney.  The whole thing is a little stressful as I don't have everything squared away as I would usually like to have them.  I don't like "not knowing" the important details like flights, money, transfers but at the end of the day I'm a big boy and I'll get through on a wing and a prayer.

It was a good satrt when JD drove me to the airport as the sun was coming up.  Nice of him to get up early for me.

Once all through the processes at the airport they told us our flight was delayed and we could go back out to the airport lounge proper if we wished.  This is Timor and delays are all part of the events of every day.

Our delay ended up being just under two hours and whilst I sat in the lounge I was almost part of a Chinese movie about a soccer champion that they have been filming in TL for the past month.  We were given the "good to go" before the cameras were rolling so I guess I still have that 15mins of fame coming.

Dili Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Carpark Curry
Located on Comoro Road, near the traffic lights, or across fromt the Leder Supermarket is a good little curry house that has tables both inside the re… read entire review
photo by: goezi