4 weeks countdown

Tokoroa Travel Blog

It's been a funny old month that has seen me unable to achieve all the tasks I was hoping to by this time.

My two weeks off last month were somewhat disrupted by a family crisis that saw me race around the globe for three weeks.  Now I'm back at work and have to rearrange a number of things I had expected to be finalised by now.

The Department has sent me my flight details and ticket from Auckland-Sydney-Darwin-Dili.  They have also asked me to apply for my 2 years leave without pay that I was planning on taking once I completed my deployment (and any extension I could get) because they want to advertise my position as soon as they can.

I had actually offered to give up my position in the Bay Of Plenty when I was first selected to go to Timor Leste for 6 months but they didn't do anything about it at that time.  Now they have been rushing about seeking reports from me so the training doesn't fall too far behind.  Funny how things go!

I won't miss doing the Driver Training at all.  I am ready for a change after almost 5 years of it.  It's been good fun in the car.  Getting around all 720 staff in the 23 stations I have been responsible for has been very satisfying too, but I'm ready for the new challenges that the UN has to offer in TL.

The next three weeks will be admin for me I think.  I'll be spending the time in my office at District HQ addressing a stack of files and getting my own certification completed.  The last week will be leave I think.  More time for me to get everything packed into those two huge bags!

I already have a party with a few friends planned for the last weekend.  A man's gotta do....
gimpel says:
Enjoy your party and good luck....
Posted on: May 27, 2009
iodized_96 says:
wishing you good luck on your future endeavors..
Posted on: May 27, 2009