Nail Biting Time!

Boise Travel Blog

I woke up Sunday morning with a nervous feeling...today my Mizzou Tigers had a chance to erase bad memories from the tournament a few years ago here in Boise when UCLA beat them on a last second shot and then went on to win the national championship. Their opponent today: Marquette. Although a lower seed, many people favor them because they are from the much ado Big East Conference. Yeah, no respect for my Tigers. Although, President Obama did pick Mizzou to win this game.

As I was getting ready to head for the arena to watch the first game, I decided to see if I could change my flight. As it was, I would have to leave for the airport right after the Missouri game. I successfully changed my departure to Monday morning, which would leave me time to party in Boise tonight.

...or cry in my beer in the hotel lounge.

The first game featured Xavier and Wisconsin. Xavier won that one. Up next, Mizzou and Marquette. Marquette just announced today that their star play (James) was going to play after recovering from a broken foot when they played UConn. So now the game seemed even more daunting. All bets were off in Vegas after this surprising turn of events. But as it turned out...their star player was ineffective. Missouri jumped out to a 16 point lead during the first half, but in the second half Marquette clawed its way back to a 4 point lead with less than two minutes to go. Oh no! It seemed the Missouri demons in Boise were back. Missouri didn't fold, though. They ended up winning 83-79 and it was time to celebrate! We're going to the Sweet 16 in Arizona to play Memphis on Thursday.

joeygoey says:
Oh, I can't believe you all beat my Memphis Tigers! Now we lost the coach, too. And to Kentucky, of all places.
Posted on: Apr 02, 2009
pearcetoyou says:
Sorry your team lost, Chris! But that happens in every game...someone's gotta lose.
Posted on: Mar 25, 2009