Arrival in Panamá City

Panama City Travel Blog

"How about Latin America for our next holiday?", my husband asked in the middle of last year...
For a long time I had wanted to see Panama, so that country was put on the list very quickly. Guatemala I chose for the highlandish atmosphere, which I guess would remind a bit of Ecuador, and which my dear husband never has experienced in his life. He was not really so much into deciding on the countries to go to :-)
So Guatemala and Panamá it became.

First stop Panamá City where we arrived late by plane from Copenhagen. From home I had booked a room in Hospedaje Casco Viejo the old part of the town. On our way to it, by mistake the driver took us around another known hostal in the old part of town. Aldready there I was developing very mixed feelings about what to expect from the hostals in the old town.... Finally we arrived at our destination and were taken to our room, a cell in the basement, through narrow hallways and up and down stairs. Well I would not call the room specifically bad, but it was definitely no highlight either after that long flight. We went to sleep immediately. looking forward to Casco Viejo the next day.

Hospedaje Casco Viejo, 17 USD/double room w private bath