A Rosebud Valentines Day

Saint Francis Travel Blog

Schauf and his violin
What's more fun than a party? A party with all my favorite people! We were blessed to be able to go back to the reservation in the winter to throw a valentines day party at the school for all the kids in St. Francis. Most of my buddies made it out to see us, but our poor planning had us out on the rez on one of the coldest weekends of the winter! We put on a carnival for the kids and they all seemed to have a good time. I was glad I got to see LuAnn, Sequoyah, Erica, Katie and Prince. I also got to meet one of the cutest little girls, Princella. She was just a darling. I'm only sad that I didn't get to talk with her and her siblings before they left so I could get her P.O., but as time goes on I'm sure the opportunity will rise again.

One of the other neat things about the carnival was that we also were able to do a kids worship time, like we usually do when we put on a kids club, and they all seemed to enjoy that. But additionally, on Sunday we were able to have a more adult worship time and there were some adults from the community who came, and a lot of the kids came back and brought their families with them. (LuAnn even wore a dress....which is basically INCREDIBLE!). It was a pretty sweet experience overall and I'm so glad that people came out even though it was so cold.
Jackie