Fall...already?

Minneapolis Travel Blog

So,I live in Minnesota, where we don't start school until the day after labor day. Well, at least that is the case for anyone high school age and under, and anyone who attends the University of Minnesota or one of its many branches. Mostly this is because of our sweet state fair which you should all check out at some point in time, and I will have pictures of soon in my MN blog. Regardless, today I was driving out of my neighborhood, and I live right by the high school, and it was strange to see everyone populating the building again after three months worth of emptiness. It was also strange because usually, I too am embarking on the 'first day of school' for the new year, but alas...I was merely heading off to work. Even the light rail had twice as many people because many of them were hopping on to head off to school at the U of M. I wasn't feeling sad about missing it when I leave, oh...au contraire...I was wishing that I too was starting my new program...overseas! Alas, I still have 21 more days to wait! But the feeling of fall has certainly come once Labor Day is over.
Belluomo says:
I miss this feeling. It is one of the special joys and memories of my youth...the excitement of starting a new year, the smell of the leaves, the uncertainty of a whole year about to unfold before you again, fall sports, excited chats about summer vacation, meeting up with old friends and seeing new faces...ahhh!!
Posted on: Sep 04, 2007