Ready, Set, Go!

Eagan Travel Blog

Okay so I finally got all my ducks in a row about when move-in is for the University of Durham. September 26th, 2007 is when it starts. So I decided...better get my ticket before prices go up! So I'm flying out from Minneapolis, and there are no flights that go from Minneapolis to Newcastle (which is the closest airport). So I look at London and Edinburgh to see which one is cheaper...and the answer is London! Okay, so I'm buying my ticket ($609 Yikes!...round-trip though...) and I'm flying in to Gatwick. Okay, now I have to get from London to Newcastle. I have three options, plane, train or bus...cheapest answer? Plane! (good because at this point I'm super tired from the flight and the last thing I want to do is travel for hours). Problem is, London has like a gazillion airports (okay so maybe like 4) but of course the airport I'm flying into can't fly out to where I need to be. So, I had to book an inter airport connector bus (taxies are WAAAY too pricey). Now, I have my flight to London, my bus from London Gatwick to London Stansted and my flight from Stansten to Newcastle. But, I'm still not in Durham yet. This part wasn't so tricky though, and I don't need to plan it in advance. All I have to do to get from Newcastle to Durham is take the Metro...the cheap, friendly Metro that runs every 15 minutes! Then I will finally be in Durham, awake for over 24 hours and still have to check in and register before I can hopefully quickly unpack and go to sleep....or else just get myself really hyped up on caffine!
Kirill_get_it says:
And There was no way to stay for a couple of days
Posted on: May 20, 2008
CrazyLisa says:
a few inconveniences on your way to an awesome place. Just makes getting there even sweeter!
Posted on: Jun 07, 2007
zachmtb says:
Yea, I know how those travel trips go. Traveling throughout Europe on buses, metros, boats, wagons, hydrofoils. Gotta love it. My last trip to Kyrgyzstan was 38 hours of traveling so I know how your trip to Durham was. As long as we don't worry about anything and just enjoy the journey, because our entire lives is a journey rather than a destination. So enjoy the journey of life and the journeys in life, and we'll most likely meet at the destination of heaven. Life is pretty good when you look at it in that perspective.
Later Meghan,