We're Knackered - Leave us Alone

Phuket Travel Blog

We lost the battle to jetlag and slept in, a lot!  When we (finally) got up, we hit the beach.  I was so disappointed with the changes.  I couldn’t help but compare from my previous trip and felt not all change is for the best.  The beach was now lined with deck chair after deck chair and the sea with its jet ski congestion.  The place clearly had regained all the lost tourism.

It was actually a touch cloudy and as its wet season, the rain followed.  We knipped indoors for some authentic Thai Burger King (shite tourists I know), but that passed enough time for the rain to stop, so it was back to the beach for us (and a short beach nap).

We ate again close to the hostel, but neither of us were up for another heavy night out.  Instead we opted for a stroll along Kaweewong Road (the road along the shore front) only to get offered: sunglasses, souvenirs, tuk tuks, suits, a look at the menu, clothes, and of course sex.  We gave up with the walk and instead booked onto a Phang Nga Bay area tour.  I loved this last time and really thought Lori needs to see that place.  This meant a 7am pick up time, so that meant bedtime!

photo by: Aclay01