The Thai Hofbrauhaus

Chiang Mai Travel Blog

I felt ill and so really needed the 1pm sleep in!  It was one of those write off days that you sometimes need.  Pottering around doing little bits and bobs passed the time, and eventually I pulled myself together to go and meet everyone at 7pm for some food and drinks.  This ended up with myself and Lori reminiscing in the Chiang Mai version of the Hofbrauhaus.  We just had to go and drag everyone along with us.  It was a bit more expensive in comparison to other bars, but was quite a nice place to start and enjoy some quiet drinks.  I say quiet, but Jay and Colin were in their element and were hitting the shots almost instantly!  Everyone was having a good time and somehow the conversation got onto the English language.  Mark made me crack up here in response to the distorted American English argument with ‘We took your language, and then made it better’.  He’s a funny dude!

After a few we went to check out the main bar strip and even Mike (almost a tee-totaller) was joining in with having a few drinks.  We found a decent bar where Ivan could play some pool, as could Colin with a lady-boy, whilst the rest of us had a go at some Jenga.  It was all good fun and quite a nice way to spend a final night in Chiang Mai.  I avoided stray dogs this time.

Chiang Mai