Swimming Lessons

Chiang Mai Travel Blog

It was time to check out and as the overnight bus wasn’t due in until the night (obviously), between us we rented out a room for the day at the hotel where the bulk of the group were staying.  To pass the time, most of us splashed around in the pool and attempting to give Jay some swimming lessons hahaha.  To be fair, we’re all very bad teachers and so we ended up splashing around instead.  The time seemed to fly by, and it seemed like we were getting picked up straight away for the V.I.P bus to Bangkok.

The bus turned out to be excellent.  We all had plenty of leg room and comfy seats, so I stood a chance of getting some sleep on the move.  It was pretty loud though, firstly with some Thai music which was basically on loop, then some weird quiz show which had very strange humour, but each to their own.  It was obviously popular over there.  Next up to keep me awake was the police.  It was so strange, they stopped the bus, boarded, and did some random checks.  They ignored me, did their jobs and got off.  All looked a little bit strange, but I minded my own business.

The final frustration came just after I’d dozed off.  The guy who hands out drinks and snacks walks up and down the isle to give everywhere theirs.  I mean thanks, I’m grateful food a bit of food, but bloody hell - I’m asleep!  Don’t rock me to give me a bloody cracker.  Anyway, I finally got some much needed..... Zzzz Zzzz Zzzz Zzzz

Chiang Mai