London Tourists

London Travel Blog

Today was a slow start.  There’s absolutely no point in rushing around when you’re trying to learn to completely switch off from the regular rat race.  First task was to get booked into a hostel back in London.  Seen as me and Lori were booked in the next night at Clink, I chose that one.  Next job was to get back into the centre and meet up with Lori.

It had been years and years since I’d been to the Imperial War Museum (I know, I know.... museums again), but I do have fond memories, even if they are childhood/early school memories.  I told Lori we could check it out, especially as a huge part of Britain’s attraction is her history.

In the 5 hours we spent in there, we didn’t even get close to seeing all the exhibits adn artifacts.  Unfortunately closing time crept up before we’d even got stuck into WWII.  We did manange to get all the way through WWI, the model of the trench and the Blitz Experience included, the inbetween wars period and all the appeasments; propaganda; and politics of that era, and the Holocaust Experiencet.  Granted it is an information overload, but it’s an absolutely brilliant museum.  I would suggest though to tackle it in two sittings if your interest in the war history is that strong (mine is).  There is a vast amount of information on each of the World Wars, so for future visits, I will be considering one war at a time.  For now though, Lori has to dart off, and I’ve got to check in to this hostel for the night.

matthew says:
It's my favourite. There's one in Manchester too, and Leeds as well I think. Highly recommended
Posted on: Dec 18, 2012
nolan says:
Interesting place, this Imperial War museum.
Posted on: Dec 17, 2012
livelovelaugh87 says:
haha so i think i was actually a bit frightened by that trench when I went, sad you missed it!
Posted on: Oct 20, 2009
London Sights & Attractions review
The Imperial war Museum
There's an excellent amount of history and content on show within the building, but it's frickin' huge! Take at least a day to see it properly. … read entire review
photo by: ulysses