Late to Siem Reap, but we got there...

Siem Reap Travel Blog

01/06/09

Another painfully early start (6:00am) and we left for Siem Reap.  I only had REM sleep at best being in a room close to the bar, and so very groggily and feeling a bit sorry for myself, I endured the six hour bus journey.

We arrived (hoping dysentery hadn’t set in) and were picked up at the bus stop.  We had arranged at the previous hotel to stay at their sister hotel in Siem Reap and were grateful to be avoiding the shopping around for a hotel and hassle of getting backwards and forwards into town.  I was so pleased to find I had a big room and private bathroom to myself.

After a settling period, we went to look at the town and bar scene, but I chose to leave off the alcohol totally for a few days.  Instead, a few games of pool, chatting to travels, and watching Wayne and Steph start on the AK-47’s (a drink that contains seven shots of alcohol!) was enough for me.

02/06/09

After a good rest, I felt a lot better, and we went out to have a look at the market and the rest of town.  I couldn’t believe my bad luck as I pulled out my camera to get some photos and the darn thing broke again!  I was furious after the amount I had paid to get it fixed, but worse still, I had booked a tuk tuk to take me to and around Angkor Wat the next day and now I had no camera >.<

I sulked the bulk of the day away and got my phone to come to the rescue.  I deleted off everything possible to clear memory space and hoped I could get enough photos of decent quality on there to be content.

Siem Reap