Late to BKK

Bangkok Travel Blog

It was just a mere two hours to Poi Pet and the Thailand border crossing, but getting across the border was another matter.  It was almost farcically slow and seemed to involve a lot of queuing to get into a queue.  Once across the border though, I was quickly into a minivan bound for Bangkok.  Some rude dude had decided I was a makeshift pillow!  No way buddy, and some carefully timed shoulder jerks to coincide with bumps in the road, ensured I had my space back (he was actually selfishly taking up more and more space and certainly into the chair which I was sitting on, so I have little guilt with my tenacity).

I arrived at 5:30pm expecting to leave on a night train to Surat Thani, but instead Wayne had used his street cred and sourced out a much cheaper bus option for the next day (which included the ferry crossing).  This gave us a night in Bangkok and that meant back to the RCA.

We tried out a few new bars on Khao Sarn Road before going to Gazebo Bar.  Once in Gazebo, we got talking to a Japanese girl and a Thai guy and they were happy to join us to the RCA.  We didn’t really drink too much and thankfully I didn’t walk into a mirror again!

photo by: halilee