Heidelberg is so Pretty

Heidelberg Travel Blog

We actually got up at a decent time and a fair bit refreshed.  Lori was an absolute star!  She woke first and nipped out to the supermarket to get some breakfast for us whilst I showered.  This set us up nicely for the morning and we chose to see Heidelburg most famous landmark, the castle.  It’s a very pretty set of buildings, but so much more impressive is the stunning view!  It’s absolutely worth the painstaking walk up the hundreds of steps, despite not knowing it at the time!  I would definitely recommend a visit to this place if you ever find yourself in Heidelburg.

Strangely, there is a Pharmacy Museum on the premises??  For crying out bloody loud, let me switch off!!  In fairness, the history of pharmacy is reasonably well explained, but who in the right mind gives a ****?  Geeky pharmacists maybe....

Another well photographed spot in the castle is the famous wine cellar with its two huge barrels.  We got the photos and then went to gather some more of the view of the city.

I definitely stand by a judgement of Heidelburg being a beautiful city to visit and spend a day or two, any more than that may be a bit much as there isn’t much more to do (as far as I know at least), but it is a student town and we were there druing the Easter break and so there a possibility of the place showing more in terms of nightlife and entertainment that we may have been unlucky to miss.  For now though, early nights were exactly what we needed.

lovely_lori88 says:
ahh matt your blog is brilliant!! i hope you finish it before you head off again! i need to get crackin on mine but any of my free time is spent on school :(
Posted on: Sep 29, 2009