Happy Horse in Boracay

Boracay Travel Blog

It was raining again, so we enjoyed what was becoming a customary Starbucks breakfast, but I really wanted some beach hours to rebuild my washed off/evaporated suntan.  The rain did subside though, and so we did get some hours on the beach.

I hadn’t been this disorganised at any point along the trip so far and had no clue how to get to or even where to go for the next stop.  I needed just a bit of reading time and think something out.  I settled on a route to Iloilo, then through the Visays (Cebu and Bohol mainly), and then back to the mainland as I really liked the sounds of North Luzon and the rice terraces.  Wayne had also told me about that place, and I quite fancied seeing it first-hand.

Unfortunately it was that stage of the trip where I really had to start switching on with work and getting organised again so I had some money to earn for the next trip in November.  I was on the internet emailing around and printing off a few forms before going back to the hotel for a little while to fill out the bits of information required.  The timing was pretty good as Najiah wanted a massage with a happy ending (I’m sure that’s what she said.... ) in private, so I was left alone to concentrate on the boring stuff.

There was one venue we kept walking past who always shouted at us “Mamsir (it was one word meaning Mam, Sir) massage, mamsir massage?” in a high pitch tone going upwards and louder.  It cracked us up every time, so I believe she was going to try that place first out of persistence.  It turned out to be quite a bit more expensive, so she went next door to the hotel instead.

After an hour or so, Najiah came back into the room with a big grin on her cute flush face and her mood was highly elated.  I chose not to ask questions, and we went back out and onto Hey Jude Bar.  This was our last night in Boracay (Najiah was due to fly back to Manila and go diving in Anilao, whilst I was going to set off for Iloilo), so we were absolutely determined to find the Happy Horse and prove it wasn’t just a rumour.  Najiah asked the bar tender if it was true that they exist, and without giving a proper answer, he disappeared into the back somewhere, only to return with a Happy Horse for each of us; what a star!  We were so made up with that small gesture.

On the whole it did seem like a quieter night in the off season, so after Hey Jude, we walked towards Juice Bar, only to find it had closed for the night.  Instead we did find another bar playing live music and so had our last drinks there.

matthew says:
What what what? *innocent smile*
Posted on: Nov 03, 2009
najiah10 says:
Matt! lying is one thing but making up stories??? how preposterous!!!
Posted on: Nov 03, 2009