Getting Lost Around the Corner and Leaving for Sai Gon

Nha Trang Travel Blog

A total write off, unsurprisingly, for all three of us!  I only got up for some food, but quickly returned for more sleep.  Later in the evening, myself and Lori went out to get another meal and to book our bus for the last stop off in Vietnam, HCMC (Sai Gon).  Lori was now on a tighter schedule and needed to get into Cambodia with time to see enough, whilst Wayne had time to kill whilst waiting for Steph to return.  I’d had enough drinking for the time being, and knew moving on would calm things down a bit for me.

Lori reminded me of my emotional side from the previous night over dinner, and I must admit I was kind of glad I’d said that, even if it did come out of the blue.  The truth was I did feel kind of brotherly towards her and we had been through quite a lot at this point and shared far too many secrets (I’ll quickly reiterate:  SECRETS DUDE!!!  SECRETS my Uni stories etc!  I can name and shame as well hahaha).

The most satisfying thing I did on this day was put my camera in for repair.  I would be getting it back in working order before we left Nha Trang the following morning.  At $40 repair charge, it was slightly steep, but at least I’d be back in action (I have an inability to barter and use the golden rule: don’t ask, don’t get).

Lori wasn’t feeling too great this morning, so I went out for breakfast, and then a second one with Wayne.  Like a big fat beached whale, I went to the beach for my last beach hours for a while.  It felt like being sat on sinking sand, but I soon realised it was a self-created pit.  After a little while in the sun, the depression of being overweight got to me, so I went in search of some comfort food and to slob around the hotel.  I did get my camera back in working order though and that relieved the pressure to eat my way out of depression.

Ah man.  I wish I had some photos of Hoi An and Nha Trang.  Some of my most memorable days had been spent here and it’s certainly fair to say I’d had a lot of fun that I want to remember forever.

Later that evening, myself and Lori said a short-term goodbye to Wayne and left on the night bus for Sai Gon.

Nha Trang