Geek

Leicester Travel Blog

I woke up a bit stiff - ewe, I’ve just realised how that reads….  I woke up with tight muscles quite late…. that’s better….  I promised Mum I’d spend a day with her as well as she doesn’t get to see me as much now I’m in Manchester, and it gives my Dad a day off.  I’d told her I quite fancied going to the National Space Centre as I’d never been before, but I am still the same geeky science nerd with an abnormal fascination with stars and space, so she was quite happy to come along too and laugh at me mockingly.

I drove off down the A46 and was quickly disappointed.  The place never even got close to living up to my expectation L.  There was literally nothing on space travel history, which I know little about, and I quickly realised a fact, we have a National Space Centre for a country which has almost no history in Space Exploration!  In fact, there was hardly any substance to the place for me at all >.<  About the only thing I got a little bit excited about was some moon rock and meteorites!  Told you I was a geek.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad day at all, but I was just like an overly keen kid again for this place and got quickly brought back down to Earth (no pun intended).  It’s fine if you know little about planets and stars in terms of their scientific background, but that’s not what I wanted, not even close.

We went back home late afternoon and I hung around with the folks for about an hour before making the journey back to Manchester.  I was looking forward to my Nando’s tea madam had promised me.

JeAr says:
hey at least u have that kind of museum there :D

and btw, how do u make that smiley face? which keys do u need to press? lol :P
Posted on: Nov 06, 2009
Leicester Sights & Attractions review
The National Space Centre
The price is ok as it is an annual ticket i.e. free entry for every time you visit within the year, but if t's a one-off visit, I would say it's a tou… read entire review
Leicester