The First Car Load of Rubbish

Nottingham Travel Blog

So despite a heavy night out, I still managed to get out of bed and make kick off for 10:00am.  Why do I put myself through this crap just to run around in a Sunday League??  Anyway, I donned the shirt and took up my midfield role.  Now usually in Sunday football, I only give a shadow of the effort I would for the more serious stuff, but for some reason, I really wanted to end this on a high note and win today.  I actually gave a good input instead of my usual Jan Molby-esque style of never leaving the centre circle but always having a steady game.  I got forward a few times and tested the keeper from distance - that's not bad for me.  Usually I get dizzy in the final third and stick to more defensive duties.  We did win - 2-1, but it should have been more.  I bulleted a head home off a corner (that's another thing you see in Sunday league, no-one knows how to stop you attacking an arial ball.  If it wasn't for my head, I'd probably get an average of one goal a season!), but in truth I could have had at least two or three if I was playing with a clearer head.

That was a nice way to spend a Manchester morning/early afternoon.  I went home, washed up, filled the car with all my rubbish, and drove the 100 mile trip squashed in to Nottingham.  Mum and Dad were not happy with me scattering a house load of stuff everywhere, but we all agreed to let it lie until the morning.  That suited me fine.

JeAr says:
nah its ok, was just kidding... but i got ur vouch, tyvm! it was very nice of u :)
Posted on: Nov 09, 2009
matthew says:
Oh yeah. I tried to vouch for those who didn't have any/many first. Still got Sarj to do as well. Too much to catch up on with TB before leaving - sowy
Posted on: Nov 08, 2009
JeAr says:
where are my vouches, biatches??? kidding too :D
Posted on: Nov 06, 2009