The End of an Era

Sihanoukville Travel Blog

Lori was due to leave for Siem Reap at 7pm as time pressure had got the better of her.  I was so sad to be parting ways, but I think we had done extremely well to keep on the same itinerary (with a few compromises) for so long.  I had really enjoyed her company, and was starting to feel a bit down knowing I wouldn’t be seeing again for a long while (she was moving back to Canada after the whole trip and away from London).  It was starting to feel like an amputation, and my little sister had grown up and was fleeing the nest.  We still had our last few hours though and after bumping into Wayne and Steph, we’d all agreed to meet up before she departed.

It eventually got to ‘that time’ and so lots of hugs and photos, and she left in the pouring rain for her bus.  The now three of us stayed in the hotel bar for a couple of drinks to let the rain pass, and all over a sudden a huge power cut took place.  We gave up waiting for the rain to stop and legged it to the bars.  I fell in and out of love three or four more times that evening, but went back early to my now half-vacant room for an early night.