I Can't Go to Palawan :(

Boracay Travel Blog

The guesthouse was only a stop gap for a night, so I checked out first thing in the morning and got booked onto the Cebu bound ferry for 6pm.  That gave me the best part of the day to have a look around Iloilo.  My first stop was at the tourism office, and the people who worked there turned out to be very kind and helpful.  They had given me a map and made some recommendations, so I followed their advice and went into the Jaro District to see the Spanish colonial buildings.  They were pretty and I cheered up a bit after the shenanigans of the previous night.

With the spare time I had, I got some odds and ends sorted out.  My photos needed to be burnt onto DVDs and I needed to get a SIM card sorted so I could get in touch with JeAr and Sarj.  I also tried to book some flights to Palawan, but there was nothing direct from Cebu at the offices I found.  This meant I had to fly back to Manila and outwards from there.  It was an expensive way around as well with the agency fees, but I couldn’t make online bookings with Western plastic >.<  It was a huge shame, but I accepted that I would be seeing Palawan another time anyway.  Three weeks to get through a country like the Philippines is impossible with all the islands, so I decided I’d do as much of the North as possible instead and have another trip to Palawan at a later date.  I booked just the one flight from Cebu to Manila, giving myself enough time to see both Bohol and Cebu first.

The time seemed to fly by quickly and I got onboard for a 14 hour ferry crossing at the correct time and found my bed and slept the bulk of the journey away.  I hadn’t seen any other travellers at all for the entire day and that made me feel a bit special, or maybe a bit lost....

Boracay