The Beer is just soooooo GOOD!!!

Munich Travel Blog

Well, obviously this had to be a late start, too late in fact to make the city walking tour and the Dacau tour.  Whoopsy, but we were knackered already!  I got up for a shower and on returning to the stairs, I found the rail a bit sticky, ewww.  I got to the top of the stairs to see a sign that read “Caution, Wet Paint” and a quick glance at my hand helped me realise this wasn’t a lie!!

After a second wash, we got up and out and went for another little walk around the city.  One thing I picked up on in Bavaria is the lack of ethnic diversity and that surprised me a little bit for such a well known European city.  Of course it’s not a problem, but being English, it’s quite an unusual site for me.

We strolled up to the English Gardens, but frustratingly it was all closed.  We did get to see a few guys surfing though in the river which was pretty cool.  What a good hobby to have!

Instead of drinking in the English Gardens, we found our way back to the Hofbrauhas (or home, if you prefer) for some more Bavarian beer and Pretzels.  We ended up staying for a fair while and got chatting to some randoms again. It did get to arounds 6pm, so being the cheap skate travellers we are, we darted back to the hostel for the 6-9pm happy hours.  That said, I did make a little stop off to ask three Bavarian men if they would mind me taken a photo of them in their stylish costumes?  They were so knid and had no objections at all.  They even sat me down with them and despite not being able to speak English, spoke to me in a universal language and gave me some different beers and snuff to try!  I like Munich, a lot!

The beers at the hostel were good and at just 2 Euros a pint, this day was only going one way!  I actually got talking to a girl at the bar and another guy was with her.  It turned out she was on the staff at the hostel, but it was her night off.  Katie quickly asked questions about if me and Lori were together and if I had a girlfriend.  Lori makes me laugh here.  I had issues galore to deal with, so when I told Lori I’ve got an invite to her room for later, Lori straight away came out with “Dude, you should be all over that shit”  She makes me crack up.  Katie gave us some free Jager bombs and recommended a club for us to try, so we went to check it out with a couple of randoms we met on the way.  The bouncers at the club wouldn’t let us in though as we all looked too drunk.  The two random guys, fair enough, were drunk, but me and Lori were ok.  I got talking to another German couple and they spoke to the bouncers for us and we were fine after that.

This was my que to be the drunkard and Lori had to get me back to the hostel from Milsch haha.  Katie was still up when we got back, a bit worse for wear also maybe, but I chose to behave and went to bed.
festerwretch says:
congrats on the feature!
Posted on: Oct 20, 2009
lovely_lori88 says:
HAHAHA you SHOULD have been all over that shit!
Posted on: Sep 29, 2009