All Good Things....

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

 › entry 120 of 121 › view all entries



I checked out and left Georgetown with happy memories.  I caught the ferry bound for Butterworth and immediately a bus to Kuala Lumpur.  I was pleased I’d get to the capital with a little bit of time for a final look around.  I got there early in the evening and found somewhere to stay pretty quickly now with my experience of Kuala Lumpur.  I dropped off the bags and made my way to Merdeka Square to get those last few photos of the English and Islamic influenced buildings.  I saw the Old Train Station, the National Railway Office, and the National Mosque.  That place has an interesting spire with thirteen sides I think.  Five representing the five pillars of Islam, and eight representing the states of Malaysia (if I am not mistaken).


I then found a little Indian restaurant for my last roti canai (for now), and quick realised how much I’d miss all the Malaysian foods.  The fruits; the Chinese soups and noodles; the Inidan curries and various rotis; the laksa, well not the laksa; nasi lamak; kaew taoy soup, oh I could go on, but I’m foaming at the mouth.  I need to find a good few cook books when I get back.  I have anew found love for Milo as well.  I’m sure I can find that somewhere in the UK, but I need a bucket load!


I walked back towards Pedaling Street to have one last shop around the market, but given that the tourists had all arrived after KL being so quite on the previous visits, I now needed bartering skill.  Luckily I knew the previous prices, so I had a good helping-hand on the front.  Only experience removed that handicap and I wouldn’t make the same mistakes twice.  I’m still not very cut-throat or dynamic, so I doubt I’ll ever find bottom prices, but I’m happy enough with what I consider a bargain.



I couldn’t quite work out why all the tourists had suddenly piled in though.  It was summer in the UK, so why do we all leave when the weather is good?  I understand people with children and students get the summers as holidays, but these people weren’t all in that category.  I made a pledge not to take summer holidays in future.  Instead I’ll enjoy the weather in the UK and save my holiday allowances to escape to warmer climates when the weather turns.  I think that would suit my future better. 


I was due to be leaving at 6am, so I had to have an early night.  I was gutted that all I had left to look forward to in the shortest of term what a long-haul flight.




Ah man!!!  That’s it - the day has arrived.




I caught a taxi to KL Sentral and then a shuttle bus to the airport.  Checking in was no bother at all, and the plane was not delayed.  I took my seat in an absolute strop and perved on the very attractive stewardesses to pass the waiting time.  This trip had certainly rekindled my attraction to Asian women. 


A turbulent take off was neutralised by one of the best landings I’ve ever witnessed and I was back in Stanstead before I knew it.  I made my way over to Barnet where I could see some friends and pretty much crashed out after a Pizza Hut dinner.  It was only 10pm with the time difference giving me an extra seven hours.


Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Bye Bye Asia
Bye Bye Asia