An Absolute Farce

Nottingham Travel Blog

So this morning I should have got up early; I should have finished packing the car; I should have left for Nottingham first thing, but I didn't.  We opted for a little more time together before I decided I've got to race back to Nottingham for that second dental appointment.  When I finally realised the time, I was rushing around like a blue-arsed fly.  Thank god Krystle was there to help (she took the morning off work to see me off - bless her) or there was no way I would even stand a hope of making it back in time.  So with rammed packed car, we said our last goodbyes for a while, but I promised I would keep in touch without spamming her too much.  I know the last thing you want is a SPAM email from someone saying what a great time they are having whilst you are stuck behind a computer correcting some incompetant trainees errors, the poor girl is so committed to the job, that's why she'll never travel and I doubt we'll work out.  Anyway, I raced back and actually made it to the dentist for my annual rollocking about the condition of my teeth and repeated warnings of the need to floss morning and night. Pffftt.  Still no fillings at twenty something says I'm not doing too bad.

We looked after my nephew the whole day as well adn so I got some quality time in with the boy before flying off.  It's funny really, I think I'll miss him the most.  I know I'll be missing a lot of 'the firsts', but at least I'll have a story to tell him one day.  That was it for the day.  I squeezed in clothes selectively into my backpack and went out to meet a few of my old school friends and do another round of goodbyes.  A late night pissed up call as well followed unsurprisingly, but this was to be it: bye bye Manchester; bye bye Nottingham and all my (home) friends; bye bye loved ones; and bye bye normality - I'll be back soon enough.

lovely_lori88 says:
I squeezed in clothes selectively into my backpack...i like how you use the word bloody packed your whole wardrobe!!!
Posted on: Aug 06, 2009
RJ82 says:
lol! "no fillings at twenty something.."
Posted on: Jul 10, 2009
Lilliana77 says:
Awww Matty, I didn't read this before, but you surely have some GREAT stories and experiences to tell to the little one.
Posted on: Jul 10, 2009