A misadventure before the adventure begins.

Pittsburgh Travel Blog

So we've been counting down the time until the vacation and I've pretty much been planning on just skating through the day to day grind of work until May 12. That was the plan anyway until suddenly I start to get this pain in my foot. Well, actually not suddenly like several months ago I started to get this pain in my foot but decided that it could just be ignored. Well, I finally decided to go the doctor's 2 weeks ago and found out that I have a stress fracture in my foot. A stress fracture for the love of pete. So now I'm sporting a really sexy boot and have to wear it for a total of 6-8 weeks. Now I've had it on for 1 1/2 weeks already so I'm confident that it will be off soon. I mean there are things that need to happen before I go on vacation, it's like tradition or Suzism's. I need to go and buy a couple new vacation outfits, can't do that, I need to buy a new pair of tennis shoes AND break them in. What am I to do have one nice comfortable shoe and one stiff unbroken in shoe???? And how am I to lose that last 10 lbs before I go away when I'm not allowed to walk for any length of time.  These may seem to insignificant things to worry about in the grand scheme of things but right now in my world this is just not so good.  So hopefully next week the doc will say it looks great and the boot can come off by May 1 which gives me a full 12 days to get my stuff together and taken care of, lol.

I've still not got any idea how the fracture happened I'm by no means an athlete so the only thing I can think is that I did it in one of the 20 or 25 mosh pits I've been in in the past year. So  I guess here's the moral of the story, if you're going to go to a concert and wait outside for 6-8 hours just so that you can get front row and be right in the thick of the pit, it's probably best to do some warm up exercises before you go in. Maybe some stretches, jumping jacks etc, and if you are going to be going on vacation in the next several months it's probably best to just act your age and stay in the back and drink :)

Aditu says:
LOL, I have to say I'm a sucker for crazy pits, ;)
Posted on: Mar 30, 2007
Eric says:
Sorry to hear about the stress fracture! Those must have been some crazy mosh pits, haha.
Posted on: Mar 29, 2007