Tuesday March 31, 2009

Huskisson Travel Blog

So Tuesday I just pretty much sat around all day doing nothing. The day was kind of overcast and it started to rain in the afternoon. In the evening Tom and I headed over to the Vincentia Golf Club to grab dinner at the Chinese/Thai place before playing poker. There is a Texas Hold ‘Em free game every Tuesday, so that’s what our plan for the evening was. I was just hoping not to embarrass myself. I actually did OK, I came in 14th or so out of like 35, I’m just glad I wasn’t the first person out! I don’t feel like I embarrassed myself so that’s a plus. Plus was it was nice to just get out of the house after being cooped up all day. It’s so weird not having a car, especially being in a place where you can walk to a little strip of shops/restaurants, but really need a car to get anywhere significant. I look forward to living in a city where I can rely on public transportation. On the way home from the club at about 10 pm, I saw what may or may not have been a kangaroo. I definitely saw some sort of animal on the side of the road, but it was all balled up like it was licking itself, so all I could see was a ball of grey fur. Could have been something else, I don’t know, but it was definitely some sort of animal. I stayed up a bit when we got home and was actually able to stay up till about 11 pm, shocking!