Out of Africa

Hilvarenbeek Travel Blog

Zebras

Mrach 14, 2009, way too early my alarm rang; getting dressed and like a good Dutch girl grap my bike and go to the station. There I took the train at 7.04 to Dordrecht, where I got onto another train taking me to Oudenbosch in Brabant. In Oudenbosch a friend was waiting to pick me up, so we could go to the Beekse Bergen together, where we would meet 3 other persons, we had met at an online game. Since I was way too early (stupid Dutch trains and their weekend schedule), we had a nice cup of tea/coffee.

And then it was of on safari! We met at the entrance of the park, and since the weather was very nice, decided to take the Walking safari. It was a nice walk, with a lot of beautiful animals and interesting people to watch (don't you love watching people?) I had plenty of opportunity to test and play with my new camera and very nice lens: zooming in and out on the animals.

Halfway through the tour we took a break to have lunch: genuine Dutch erwtensoep (pea soup). And heaven forbid, it started raining and kept raining and raining and.....raining. Time for a bus tour then: the good thing was that it was dry...the downside: the animals were hidding for the rain and all the windows of the bus got damped.

cvanzoen says:
Too bad the weather wasn't that well but it still is a very nice park to visit. I always enjoy going there as well.
Posted on: Mar 18, 2009