Tomorrow, bye bye thailand (english)

Chiang Mai Travel Blog

hi everybody! just a few lines to say that tomorrow`s the day we`ll be on the road again. this time to get to country number 4: laos. we can`t wait!!! the travelling part is supposed to be hard and wild. but hey, isn`t this trip all about wilderness?

we`ve really enjoyed the last few days here in chang mai `the bohemian city`, and me (mario) will be leaving the town with quite a few kilos extra with the shopping galore done recently. i just couldn`t help it. the stuff is too beautifull to resist temptation. the post says it takes months to deliver the stuff to europe, plus it is expensive and not at all reliable. so i guess i`ll be carring it along with me for the next few months. hope nothing breaks along the road. i`m already too much in love with my souvenirs.

yesterday we were at the local zoo but frankly, although it is big and full in variety of animals, it is not well kept at all. it was a bit sad to see some species which require water to swim in any now and then just stay motionless on dry ground.

last night it rained. it had been ages since we saw some drop of water from the skies. but that`s better as today the temperature is cooler and we don`t need to take the now established 5 showers a day. i think even the animals at the zoo are enjoying it. good!!!

a presto

newtampo says:
Ahhh really? I haven't had a chance to go there yet, the zoo.
Posted on: May 01, 2007