Penang Island (in english)

Penang Travel Blog

pengan is not what you`d call a paradise island. it`s really too big and crowded for my tastes. heiko agree with me too. on the other hand the night life is preatty good. plenty of bars, one next to the other pumping music till 4am. even at the hotel where we are staying the noise is quite substantial. in fact, the family and friends running the place are fond of rock music. every evening from 8pm till very late into the night they jump on a stage (down at the hotel garden) and with their guitars, drums and all sorts of instruments play live for the joy of us guests. i must say they put on a really good show. plus, all this is included in our 4euro a night balcony room. not bad eh?...

today to come to the beach we had to suffer 1 hour bus drive each way. not much worth it though. the beach is not well kept - cigarette`s butts everywhere and the color of the water is not at all like the turquoise you see on the tourist`s brochures that advertise it.

hopefully next stop. langkawi island looks much more the idillc place we`ve got pictured in our minds.

see u later

ciao

penangkia says:
Ahhh... I apologise for your trip to the beach. Yes, I agree its not like the ones featured on the brochures. Next time, if you intend for some beach fun, book into a nice beach resort along the same strecth, I cannot vouch for the color of the sea, which normally greenish and blue but can gurantee clean beaches. Alternately, you can hire me to take you to unspoilt beaches only we guides know about. No hotels, not much development.

As for the bus system, it is getting better but still needs work. So again, thank you for visiting Penang.

Penangkia (Child of Penang)
Posted on: Aug 05, 2007
crystalware says:
Thats too bad the beaches were not in great shape. At least the rock show was alright...
Posted on: May 10, 2007