Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Bonjour!

Last night, I met my roommates, Willy and Ray, from Missouri and Kaki and Andy from Texas. We all had a great time getting to know eachother over a few drinks. Willy and Ray had to leave for the states this morning, but Ray will be going to Bonnaroo and we've made plans to meet up then. Kind of weird to be meeting someone in Paris, and then be seeing them again in a few months.

Paris is a lovely city. It's gigantic, too. I think this may be the largest city I've ever been in. All the bad stuff everyone says about the French is a lie. They have been nothing but nice and pleasant to me thus far. I must look French or something, because several native Parisians came up to me and started talking to me in french and were actually surprised when I told them I was American.

I guess I'm blending in.

I was supposed to go to the catacombes today, but I could not for the life of me find them, so I decided to go to Notre Dame instead. All I can say is that is one HUGE church. The stain glass was amazing.  I didn't go to the bell towers, though, because it was expensive. Speaking of expensive, Paris is not at all a cheap city. I expected this, though. It costs money to do practically anything here. I'm surprised it doesn't cost money to breathe!

I must admit, I ate at McDonald's today. It was for a reason, though. I couldn't come all the way to Europe and not get a Royal with cheese. The Pulp Fiction lover in me had to do it, just so I could say it. :D

I think I will try and find the catacombes again either tomorrow or the next day.

lexi81805 says:
HI!!!! I have been stalking you while you have been traveling. It is very cool but kinda creepy....:) I cant believe you had a royal with cheese! you are my hero! It sounds like you are having fun so far, except for the rank hostel. Eat some yummy pastries for me! love you miss you!!
Posted on: Mar 29, 2009
janetbassett says:
Hi, Justin. I've enjoyed reading all of your comments about your journey thus far. I tried to leave you a message yesterday, but I don't think it went through. It sounds like you're having a great experience (except for the Globe Center hostel!). When I traveled in Europe in college we stayed in hostels, as well, and it's amazing the difference between them. I can't wait to hear your comments about Italy. It's one of my favorite places in the world to visit, especially Rome. Sending you my love and prayers. Hugs, Aunt Janet
Posted on: Mar 29, 2009